Our principle is to allow free speech subject to the requirements of legality and honesty. We expect reviews to be recent and as an independent review platform VetHelpDirect never takes sides. The review handling process below is followed in every case for reviews on these Listings and cannot be altered in any way.
How we handle reviews:
- We will not publish reviews or ratings unless we are satisfied that the reviewer has been a client of the practice concerned. We may request evidence (usually in the form of a receipt) that the reviewer has been a client of the vet practice in the last 90 days. This is to ensure that all reviews are authentic.
- If, on request, the reviewer cannot provide evidence that they have been a customer of the veterinary practice in the last 30 days then we will normally not publish the review. However, if the reviewer consents to share their identity with the veterinary practice, we will accept the veterinary practice’s assertion that the reviewer is a client as evidence.
- The vet practice will be shown any negative reviews prior to publishing and have 3 days to provide us with a reply that will be posted at the same time as the review. If we do not have a response from the vet within 3 working days the review will be published.
- Defamatory allegations of fact will not be published without the consent of the veterinary practice. All review comments must be ‘decent, legal and honest’. However, all clients will be given the opportunity to express their honestly held opinion about a practice.
- If the person leaving the review does not produce a review that is acceptable to our terms and conditions, we will remove the comments but publish the 5-factor star rating and overall performance of the practice.
- Vets’ responses must not infringe the client’s confidentiality, and must fulfil the same ‘decent, legal and honest’ criteria that reviewers must meet. Responses not meeting these criteria will not be published.
- Any duplicated reviews or those which appear automated or computer-generated will be deleted.
- Clients who have previously left a review and wish to leave a new up to date, version are encouraged to do so. Their previous review will be removed when the new one is published.
- We expect reviews to be entered into the system by the person concerned and we monitor this. If, however, this is difficult for you then, if you ask a third party (or your Vet Practice) to type up a review that you dictate or draft then that needs to be clearly stated on the review. All reviews must be in the words of the reviewer themselves.
- The practice will be notified by email when any reviews – good or bad – are left.
- On very rare occasions, when we feel that a fair result cannot be achieved, or our review panel has serious doubts as to the integrity, decency or legality of a review, post or comment, we reserve the right not to publish any review, the 5-factor star rating or overall performance and our decision is final.
When you leave a review, you will be asked if they would like to share your details with your veterinary practice, and separately if you would like to receive the VetHelpDirect newsletter. We will never email you with promotions about other veterinary practices or anything that could compete with the veterinary practice, or without your consent (except as detailed above to determine the validity of a review).