Due to the situation with Coronavirus, our usual vet wouldn't let us be there at the end when one of our dogs time had come. We were told to contact Cloud nine as they would come out to us. We were told nobody could come out until 8pm, this meant a 11 hour wait but really wanted to be there at the end. Around midday things deteriorated rapidly. We called them again and was told that they could get someone out within the hour. We agreed the extra £30 as we were told the vet was travelling from further away. Unfortunately he passed away about 20 minutes later. We phoned Cloud nine straight away to cancel the vet. We didn't think anymore about it until we got a statement saying they had charged us almost £400!!!! They had taken it of our credit card and payment had been made. We emailed them, but after TEN days hadn't had the curtosy of a reply. I phoned them to ask them what they were playing at. They told me that the vet had come to our door and that nobody was in. I explained that we rushed our dog to our local vets to make sure that he had gone, but we had phoned to cancel the visit. I was told that as she had arrived, payment was due. I was also told that we had booked in TWO vets!!!! I said that the second visit would surely have been cancelled and that SEVEN hours was quite long enough for them to have done so. NO!! Apparently it doesn't work that way. We have CCTV and looked up the time. NOBODY came to our house. It clearly shows us running out and arriving back 15 minutes later. We live in a no through road of a cul-de-sac. There isn't one vehicle in that time and only one of my neighbours walking down the road. They lied to me. So we have been charged almost £400 for a service we never received. A cancellation fee was expected BUT not full payment LESS £20 ( apparently as they didn't use the drug!!) We feel TOTALLY ripped of at a time when you just want things to go smoothly. Would NEVER recommended them.
Dear Peter, I am distressed by your comments. We did our utmost to respond to your terminally ill dog and arranged a same day appointment and we were even able to re-direct another vet at extremely short notice, to arrange an earlier appointment time when it became clear that the situation for Eric, your Cavalier King Charles, was becoming an emergency. I did try to explain the situation when you called us on 16th June at 15:30, but unfortunately you put the phone down on me while I was trying to explain the course of events. The original booking and the subsequent changes were made with Tish, your wife, the first time you and I spoke was when you called us on the 16th June.
The original booking was indeed made for 8pm on the 4th June, Tish called us at 09:22 on the 4th June. My vet closest to your home, was not available until that 8pm in the evening. Our available time of an 8pm booking was accepted and subsequently confirmed to you in an email sent at 09:37 and a text message sent at 09:38 on the 4th June.
Tish called us again at 12:48 to inform us that Eric, had deteriorated. I re-arranged the working schedule of another vet. The 2pm appointment was confirmed by the following sms sent to Trish at 13:00 "Dear Trish, I have re arranged your appointment, our vet Sophie will be with you before 2pm. Kind regards, Amber at Cloud 9 Vets". The original visit of 8pm was changed to 2pm, at no point did you ever have two live appointments. Our vet prepared immediately to leave and be with you within the hour. I received a call from Trish at 13:26 to advise me that Eric has passed away and you were not at home. I expressed my sincere condolences. I spoke to my vet who informed me that she had actually arrived in your street and was parking her car, she suggested that she should go to your home to express condolences but as Tish had advised me you were not there I said that was unnecessary. I had explained to Tish that unfortunately because the vet had arrived and because we had changed her schedule to react so quickly, there would unfortunately be a charge, she was very understanding and accepting of this situation. The 8pm appointment had been changed when Tish and I spoke at 12:48. For tragic reasons you cancelled the appointment just 34 minutes before the agreed visit time, not seven hours as you suggested. Our vet had got prepared and traveled to you home within 40 minutes from the call to us at 12:48, we really did do our best to react and we managed to get our vet to you very quickly. I am so sorry that due to the nature of Eric's condition that this was not quick enough, we worked hard to make the original appointment and to reschedule that appointment for an earlier time with another vet.
We are a family company that only works with end of live situations and endeavour to tirelessly do our best to provide a dignified and peaceful end for our beloved pet companions, 7 days a week, we have done this compassionately for thousands of pet families. I am so distressed and upset that we have not managed to meet your expectations, despite our best efforts.
I am aware that Eric was a rescue dog and whilst we are no longer able to help Eric, as a gesture of kindness, I would like to make a donation to the rescue centre from which Eric came. I would be grateful if you would contact me to let me know from which shelter Eric was rescued.