Home Forums Dogs 1 yr old chihuahua puppy neutered now lump near right back rib/leg area

1 yr old chihuahua puppy neutered now lump near right back rib/leg area

Published on: December 02, 2023 • By: davisFamBam · In Forum: Dogs
Author
Topic
davisFamBam
Participant
December 02, 2023 at 07:47am
Have my 1yr chihuahua puppy neutered few days later wife and I noticed a lump near his back rib right hip area, it's a nickel size soft moveable, he seems normal as usual but notices, he looks at you when you touch it, but he is in no pain...also he has a his rabbies shot...maybe a allergic reaction? Or ? Thoughts?
Author
Replies
Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
Keymaster
December 02, 2023 at 10:59am
Hello - sometimes the Rabies jab can cause a thickening in the skin, and sometimes this can even be in a surprising place on the dog if the injection was given s/c eg when the patient was asleep.   Other possibilities include swelling after other injections or even fluids, although fluid lumps should disappear quite quickly.  Obviously the timing of its appearance doesnt rule out other reactions, lumps and bumps, abscesses, insect bites, tumours, swollen lymph nodes etc so please do consider running this by your vet / asking for triage, especially if you are concerned that it is changing or deveoping.  Your vet or emergency team will help you to decide how soon the patient needs to be seen.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new threads, or access some of the forums

Register

Registration confirmation will be emailed to you

By joining the Forum, I agree that I am aged over 18 and that I will abide by the Community Guidelines and the Terms

Or

Report a Thread or Reply

Thank you for your help. A member of our team will investigate this further.

Back to forum