Home Forums Dogs 5 year old pug with red lump in ear

5 year old pug with red lump in ear

Published on: August 22, 2023 • By: Ty.ODwyer · In Forum: Dogs
Author
Topic
Ty.ODwyer
Participant
August 22, 2023 at 09:40am
We found this lump in his ear about a week ago and it wasn't too red at all. But we noticed it again today and it seems to be bleeding and weeping quite a bit. He seems a little uncomfortable when we were trying to clean it and are unsure what it could be IMG_20230822_183546IMG_20230822_183547
Author
Replies
Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
Keymaster
August 22, 2023 at 09:49am
Hello and thankyou for sharing this case.  Could it be cancer?  Yes, it could.  There are other possibilities; a usually benign tumour called a histiocytoma which may disappear; an inflammatory lesion eg a bite that has become extremely inflamed (uncomfortable place for that); a small haematoma; a foreign body buried beneath the skin eg a grass seed.  It is difficult to tell from the surface, perhaps even for your vet, and it may be in an unconfortable place leading to the possibility of secondary yeast infections etc.  It's definitely worth making an appointment.
Author
Replies
Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
Keymaster
August 22, 2023 at 09:50am
Your vet will help you to come up with a plan for identification and, if necessary, treatment.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new threads, or access some of the forums

Register

Registration confirmation will be emailed to you

By joining the Forum, I agree that I am aged over 18 and that I will abide by the Community Guidelines and the Terms

Or

Report a Thread or Reply

Thank you for your help. A member of our team will investigate this further.

Back to forum