Home Forums Dogs 10 yr old husky – bump/lump/wart on face

10 yr old husky - bump/lump/wart on face

Published on: June 09, 2021 • By: kia606 · In Forum: Dogs
Author
Topic
kia606
Participant
June 09, 2021 at 02:05pm
Our husky has got a spot on her face that mainly looks black but on closer inspection is red/pink. I have no idea whether it is something we need to bother the vet with. It has grown (slowly) and she has had it I would say up to 6 months. I would hate to ignore something that needs attention but on the same note I know more mature dogs start to get lumps and bumps etc Thank you 20210608_17052020210608_17053120210608_170436
Author
Replies
Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
Keymaster
June 09, 2021 at 08:39pm
Hello!   I don't know what the lump is from looking and it's possible that your vet won't either (for full explanation read https://vethelpdirect.com/vetblog/2019/11/04/my-pet-has-a-lump-what-should-i-do/ - this is my favourite one because I wrote it, but if you search for 'lump' in the blog, there is a wealth of other articles). Usually when a lump is found, there is some kind of 'toss up' between the desire to avoid surgery for a pet and the desire to identify the lump and limit the risk of cancer as much as possible.  My personal preference is generally to err on the side of caution, but there are all sorts of factors - the pets' age, the risk of GA in that particular animal, financial concerns, perceived risk level of the particular lump - to be considered. Showing this lump to the vet very soon and having them talk you through the decision as to where to go from here, seems a very good plan of action to me.  
Author
Replies
kia606
Participant
June 09, 2021 at 08:58pm
Thank you for your quick and long reply. We will book her in at the vets very soon. Thank you again for your time.
Author
Replies
JPACB
Participant
July 01, 2024 at 12:34am
Hello Kia My 10 year old husky has the exact same thing, it seems like it developed over night since yesterday I did not see anything wrong in his face. I was looking at pictures and it is nearly identical and have not found anything else like it. What did your Vet say?  
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new threads, or access some of the forums

Register

Registration confirmation will be emailed to you

By joining the Forum, I agree that I am aged over 18 and that I will abide by the Community Guidelines and the Terms

Or

Report a Thread or Reply

Thank you for your help. A member of our team will investigate this further.

Back to forum