Home Forums Kittens 4 week old kitten suddenly doesn’t want to pee.

4 week old kitten suddenly doesn’t want to pee.

Published on: May 27, 2022 • By: LOESH · In Forum: Kittens
Author
Topic
LOESH
Participant
May 27, 2022 at 02:16pm
Almost 2 week ago i got a foster kitten,   first it didn’t want to poop and started meowing while being stimulated to do so (i do know how to stimulate kittens to poop and pee) then went to the vet and turned out it was constipated, got some laxatives and everything was fine for a few days. Now he stopped peeing and starts meowing loud and biting when being stimulated to pee. any advice?
Author
Replies
Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
Keymaster
May 27, 2022 at 03:04pm
Hello!   It sounds as though being stimulated to pee is suddenly painful or uncomfortable for your tiny one.  It could be purely behavioural - some kittens take over urinating for themselves at this age - but it's important to know that your kitten can urinate by himself.  Definitely give him lots to drink, but an emergency  vet-check up sounds to be a very good idea if you think that he may be unable to urinate so that they can check that the bladder is not too full (often, the journey to the vets stimulates a wee and if not, he is in the right place).
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new threads, or access some of the forums

Register

Registration confirmation will be emailed to you

By joining the Forum, I agree that I am aged over 18 and that I will abide by the Community Guidelines and the Terms

Or

Report a Thread or Reply

Thank you for your help. A member of our team will investigate this further.

Back to forum