Home Forums Cats My cat got turps spilled on him, advice needed

My cat got turps spilled on him, advice needed

Published on: May 31, 2023 • By: Zaza · In Forum: Cats
May 31, 2023 at 04:04pm
Hi there, about an hour ago my cat got home with a big patch of either turps or paraffin on his back and side, before he got a chance to clean himself i got him in the bath and cleaned him with warm soapy water for about half an hour. Ive managed to get it all off him and he seems fine, he hasnt been sick or had any problems at all and has just eaten some food and cooked chicken. Can he still be poisoned by having it on him without ingesting any? He hasnt shown any signs of poisoning yet, Im keeping him in and under close observation. I am just worried he may become sick from it. I have no idea how it got on him, Im assuming he went in a shed or something and it got spilled over him. Any advice would help thankyou
Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
June 01, 2023 at 07:01am
Hello - yes, Turps is potentially toxic to cats and can also be inhaled when grooming.  Please call your vets immediately for toxin / poison advice.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new threads, or access some of the forums

Log In

Registration confirmation will be emailed to you

By joining the Forum, I agree that I am aged over 18 and that I will abide by the Community Guidelines and the Terms


Report a Thread or Reply

Thank you for your help. A member of our team will investigate this further.

Back to forum