Liz Buchanan BVSc MRCVS
It is normal for vets to conttact one another for permission before reading radiographs and as you know from having read our Ts and Cs, we are not referral vets and in no permission to give out second opinions on this forum. Your vet can look at the radiographs in close detail, has the full context and history of the case and any decisions they make are likely to be more to the point than mine. This vet has already stated an intention to get a second opinion elsewhere, which they ought to be in the process of arranging. After two days, I think it's reasonable to call the receptionist, explain that you are waiting for a call about a referral and ask how long you can reasonably expect it to take before you have any news. That way, if there has been any confusion, your vet is reminded that you are still waiting for a referral. Furthermore, the vets can help to set your expectations as to when you can expect to know anything.