Here at VetHelpDirect, we want to help you – the pet parent, owner, or guardian. And we want to help your vets to help you! That’s why we started the Best UK Vet Awards – to reward genuinely excellent service by vet practices across the UK.
But while we award the prizes, it’s you who decide the winners. And despite the pandemic, in 2021 and early 2022, you voted 15,504 times – by reviewing your local practice on VetHelpDirect.com or on Any-UK-Vet.co.uk. And, in a tribute to the vets of the UK, an incredible 14,138 were at 4 or 5* – the top ratings. That’s an amazing 95%!
But of course, there can only be one winner… (although there are also runners up and Best in County, as well as some other categories!). And the winner is…
Overall Gold Winner Best UK Vet 2022
Cockburn Veterinary Group in Coalville – for the second year in a row! – with 606 4* and 5* reviews – well done Cockburn!
Diane Storer, owner Cockburn Vets, commented, “We are absolutely delighted to receive this award for the second year running. Our vets and all staff have worked so hard to help our customers at such a tricky time. We are a small, family-owned independent vets and this means the world to us all! We love working with VetHelpDirect.com!”
The honourable runners up
Of course, it doesn’t end there! While Cockburn had the highest number of great reviews, Streatham Hill Veterinary Surgery in London (Silver), just managed to overtake last year’s second placed Millennium Veterinary Practice Braintree (Bronze this year). Both did exceptionally well, with 432 and 344 reviews, respectively.
But the competition was if anything even fiercer at County level…
Best Vets in County
- Antrim – Ashwood Veterinary Clinic
- Birmingham – James Horner Vets
- Buckinghamshire – Windmill Veterinary Centre, Winslow
- Cambridgeshire – Cambridge Cat Clinic
- Carmarthenshire – Bush House Veterinary Group, Ammanford
- Cheshire – Willows Veterinary Hospital
- Cornwall – Redruth Veterinary Surgery
- Cumbria – Archway Veterinary Practice
- Derbyshire – Bright Side Vets
- Devon – Mercury Vets
- East Sussex – Heathfield Vets
- Glamorgan – St James Veterinary Group, Parkway Surgery
- Kent – Briar House Veterinary Surgery
- Lancashire – Bay Vets, Morecambe
- Merseyside – Woolton Veterinary Centre
- Norfolk – Vets 1 Group
- Northamptonshire – Swanspool Veterinary Clinic
- Oxfordshire – Bicester Vets
- Shropshire – Bridgnorth Veterinary Centre
- Somerset – Watkins & Tasker Vets, Portishead
- South Gloucestershire – Avenue Veterinary Centre Ltd
- Staffordshire – Charter Vets, Newcastle (Willows Vet Group)
- Suffolk – Bury St Edmunds Veterinary Centre
- Surrey – Blackwater Valley Vet Centres, Gordon House Vet Centre
- West Midlands – Willows Veterinary Centre & Referral Service 24/7
- West Sussex – Heath Veterinary Clinic
- West Yorkshire – Vets4Pets Leeds, Birstall
- Wiltshire – Macqueen Veterinary Centre
Is your county missing? That’s because there weren’t enough reviews of any vets there to meet the minimum of 25 reviews in a 12 month period!
Best Vet in Category
- Best Equine Vet – Ashbrook Veterinary Hospital
- Best Mobile Vet – Mercury Vets
- Best New Start-Up Vet – James Horner Vets
- Best Referral Vets – Willows Veterinary Centre & Referral Service 24/7
- Best Small Practice – Bay Vets, Milnthorpe
- Best Northern Irish Vet – Ashwood Veterinary Clinic
- Best Welsh Vet – Bush House Veterinary Group, Ammanford
These are veterinary practices that achieved a high score, and with over 1600 practices listed, while they didn’t reach the Best in Category are nevertheless offering excellent service to their clients!
- Beech House Veterinary Centre – Willows Vet Group
- Manor Veterinary Surgery
- Bay Vets, Lancaster
- Blackheath Veterinary Surgery
- The Animal Clinic
- Acorn Veterinary Centre – Willows Vet Group
- Watkins & Tasker Veterinary Group – Yatton
- Watkins & Tasker Veterinary Group – Nailsea
Didn’t see your practice? Then get reviewing! Every review really does count – we don’t judge these, you do, as it’s entirely based on the numbers of 4* and 5* reviews in 2023!