For the last 12 months, vets practices across the UK have been asking their clients for reviews. For the last 12 months, we’ve been frantically counting them up and comparing the results… and now we’re ready to release the results! The months of anxious waiting by vets and practices are at an end – the winner of the 2020 Best UK Vet Award is…
Congratulations to Willows Veterinary Centre & Referral Service! Based in Solihull, Willows offer first opinion (“GP” or general practice) services to local pet owners, as well as accepting referrals for specialist diagnosis and treatment.
Willows’ managing director, Tracey Morley Jewkes, said: “I am so proud of our team here and it’s fantastic to have won such a prestigious award based on client reviews.
“At Willows we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of patient care and world-leading veterinary expertise as well as making sure our clients are fully supported throughout what can sometimes be an anxious and worrying time.
“It was fabulous to receive such wonderful feedback as part of this award process. Our team at Willows is one of the best in the world, and we continue to strive for excellence in all that we do, providing the very highest standards of veterinary care to our patients, their owners and our referring vets.”
Silver and Bronze Awards
Best in Category
As well as overall winners, there are also specific categories for different types of practice. This year…
- Best Scottish Vet – Lamond Veterinary Clinic
- Best Equine Vet – Ashbook Equine Hospital
- Best Mobile Vet – The Mobile Vet Ltd
- Best Northern Ireland Vet – Ashwood Veterinary Clinic
- Best London Vet – Mayow again (!)
How are the prizes awarded?
Veterinary practice clients of every practice in the UK are able to leave reviews of their vets on www.vethelpdirect.com or www.any-uk-vet.co.uk, producing a score out of 5. All reviews with 4 or 5 star ratings are then added up. The practice with the most wins! Susie Samuel, managing director of VetHelpDirect (who sponsor the awards) explains that the aim is “to illustrate the strength of veterinary care in the UK… and recognise the very best veterinary practitioners.”
What did the winning practice get?
They had a special awards event, and received a cake, a trophy and a banner! But above all, they know that they’re offering excellent service to their clients and their patients.
Were any other practices recognised?
Yes, special commendation to the Top 25 practices:
- Wimbledon Veterinary Surgery
- Manor Veterinary Surgery (Chatham, Kent)
- Cathcart & Winn Veterinary Hospital & Surgery, Farnham
- Willows Vet Group – Beech House Veterinary Centre
- Watkins & Tasker Vets – Portishead
- White Cross Vets, Manchester – Walkden
- Willows Vet Group – Willows Veterinary Hospital
- Swanspool Veterinary Clinic
- Watkins & Tasker Veterinary Group – Yatton
- Watkins & Tasker Veterinary Group – Nailsea
- Avenue Veterinary Centre Ltd
- Sutterton Veterinary Hospital
- Willows Vet Group – The Firs Veterinary Surgery
Vets 1 Group
- Willows Vet Group – Manchester Vet Centre
- Blacks Vets – Dudley Hospital
- The Mewes Veterinary Clinic
- Monument Vets, Redruth
- Willows Vet Group – Acorn Veterinary Surgery